baslinux - Re: [BL] ssh problems

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ssh problems
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:19:14 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> I unistalled the ssl/ssh I found at Delilinux, and installed
> the one Steven has posted
> I can succesfully ssh to other addresses from the BL2 machine
> Also, using the Delilinux version of ssh and openssl, I did
> manage to successfully login to the acct I'm now having problems
> with using the BL2 machine, though it complained about not being
> able to validate the public key. Any help on this, anyone?

It is possible that a left-over key (or other file from
your earlier ssh installation) is tripping up the BL ssh.
You might try using it from a system without a previous
ssh installation. It will probably run on the ramdisk BL
from the /tmp directory (BL2 automatically puts 4mb of space
in /tmp on systems with more than 12mb RAM).

The other possible cause is that your ISP requires a more
advanced version of ssh. The ssh I selected for BasicLinux
is an older (smaller) version. I have used that version at
three different sites without problem, but I suppose there
may be sites that don't like it.

  • [BL] ssh problems, James Miller, 06/14/2003
    • Re: [BL] ssh problems, qwms-avib, 06/14/2003