baslinux - Re: [BL] openssh openssl dependencies?

  • From: Neo Sze Wee <neoszewee AT gmx.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] openssh openssl dependencies?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:26:19 +0000

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:49:32AM -0500, James Miller wrote:
> I found both openssh and openssl tgz's at the Delilinux site, and since
> I've heard bad press about telnet in terms of security, and since I have
> begun to suspect that someone could have gotten my username and/or
> password while telnetting in at a certain site, I jumped at the
> opportunity to install ssh on my BL2 system. I understood that it would
> require ssl. Anyway, I got some error messages during installpkg'ing, as
> follows: something like "ldconfig can't open /usr/lib/libglib.so no such
> file or directory" and the same message for /usr/lib/libgmodule.so. Both
> the openssh and openssl installpkg routines gave these same messages. ssh
> does work, though it cannot verify the privacy key of the site, perhaps
> because some dependencies were missing. Can someone please tell me where
> I can find those files? Better yet, how can I go about finding them for
> myself? The zcat MANIFEST.gz |grep searchterm doesn't work for me: all

You can search debian at:

Debian GNU/Linux -- Packages|http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Use the second search to find the debian package which contains the
library you want. Then install ar in bin*.tgz package from slackware.
Use ar to extract the data.tar.gz files from the packages you download.
Hopefully you know how to proceed from here.