baslinux - Re: [BL] openssh openssl dependencies?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] openssh openssl dependencies?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:51:35 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> I found both openssh and openssl tgz's at the Delilinux site,

The BasicLinux download site has an ssh binary that works
on both BL1 and BL2. It has no dependencies.
--------------------------------------
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download/
--------------------------------------

> I understood that it would require ssl.

Not the one at the BasicLinux site.

> ldconfig can't open /usr/lib/libglib.so

That's strange. libglib is a GTK library (which shouldn't
have have anything to do with ssh). Have you installed the
gtkglib.tgz package (for some other purpose) and then
uninstalled it?

> and the same message for /usr/lib/libgmodule.so.

Another GTK library.

> Both the openssh and openssl installpkg routines gave these
> same messages.

Hmm... I wonder if there is something funny in the DeliLinux
installation script. Does DeliLinux perhaps install all its
packages from X (using GTK)?

> how can I go about finding them for myself? The
> zcat MANIFEST.gz |grep searchterm doesn't work for me:

If you have installed less.tgz on your system (recommended),
do the following:
zless MANIFEST.gz
Then press / to do a search.

If you have not installed less.tgz, gunzip MANIFEST.gz and
use d (links) to view it. Then press / to do a search.