baslinux - Re: [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 07:37:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Neo Sze Wee wrote:
> > Yes, you will need some image viewer that views pbm and pnm images. I
> > don't have one installed, and I don't even have space left to install zgv
> > along with these three pdf convertors. I need to put together another
> > computer. Does zgv view these formats?
> >

> Yes.
>

> <$PWD:!># zgv --help
> | zgv 5.6 - copyright (C) 1993-2001 Russell Marks.
> |
> | usage: zgv [options] [dir | file ...]
> |
> | -A --auto-animate
> | automatically animate multiple-image GIFs.
> | This greatly limits how such images can be viewed,
> | but can be useful for slideshows.
<snip>

Well, it was interesting to read that help file, but I didn't see anything
in it about handling .pnm and .pbm files. Did I miss it somehow? If not,
then your answer to the question "Does zgv view these formats?" should be
"no" instead of "yes." That is, unless you have some further information
confirming zgv does handle them that you did not include in your email.
If you do have such information, maybe you can include it in your next
installment?

James