baslinux - Re: [BL] icewm vs. virtual terminals

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] icewm vs. virtual terminals
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:06:26 -0400 (EDT)

> me@computer:~$ telnet www.grex.org
> Trying 216.93.104.34...
> Connected to grex.cyberspace.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> me@computer:~$

Sometimes grex has problems for a few hours and perhaps you were just
statistically unlucky? I just telnetted twice to grex with the telnet
program provided with BL2 and connected immediately. Please try again.
Did you try Windows telnet /Linux telnet /Windows/Linux alternately
within a few minutes and Windows worked but Linux did not?
If you still have problems I will report this to staff.

I set you up a second account (I emailed you the login and password) and
forced 'vt102'. Lynx arrow keys don't work when telnetted. Grex does not
have a linux terminal definition. It has hundreds of others that I never
heard of.