baslinux - Re: [BL] Delilinux packages

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Delilinux packages
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 06:21:24 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> about the Delilinux packages I found on an ftp server
> that seemed like they should be compatible with BL2.
>
> I installed some packages (.tgz files) on my BL2 machine
> last night

Did you use installpkg? Does it work?

> Dillo runs great on my BL2 test machine (486 DX2 66,
> 20MB [30 pin simm] RAM) - by far the best performance
> of any of the graphical browsers I've tried there.

Same here. dillo is the fastest graphical browser
on my 486.

> Problem is, it doesn't do certain things other
> browsers do

Yeah, it is very limited in what it can do. Pity.
I'm hoping that a big upgrade is in the pipeline,
but I'm not holding my breath.

> There's also a lightweight mail client (masqmail)
> there that looks interesting. I tried installing
> it, but got a dependency problem.

What was the dependency?

> Anyway, it's looking like the Delilinux ftp server
> could be a great source of additional packages/binaries
> for BL2 users.

As long as the dependency problems are easily resolved.

> Have you looked at it,

Yes, I did. Many of the applications are also available
from Slackware (eg. in the contrib directory), but Deli
could be a useful source for some stuff.