baslinux - Re: [BL] Slackware packaging tools

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Slackware packaging tools
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:20:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 May 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:
> >
> > pkgtool, which is menu-based (and works poorly on a mono
> > monitor without a mouse).
>
> Mouse? I never use a mouse with pkgtool. I didn't
> even realize that you could use a mouse with it.

I assumed since it had buttons it was designed to use with a mouse. I
never use a mouse with anything. I have been tabbing around between the
buttons. I find command-line programs much easier to use. Is there
anything pkgtool does better than installpkg and removepkg and simply
looking at the contents of the various packages in /var/log/packages using
some text editor?