baslinux - Re: [BL] one install question

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] one install question
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:26:03 -0400 (EDT)

I have confused hdc with the C: drive. Maybe hit wang is calling the C:
drive hdc. The first partition of the C: drive is probably hda1
(but on my DR-DOS computer it is hda4 for some reason).

hdc is the third IDE drive in your computer. The first two drives,
which can include a CD-ROM drive, are on the first IDE connector cable.
hdc is on a second cable. If you have added a second hard drive to a
computer with a CD-ROM drive it could be hdc, unless the CD-ROM drive was
on the second cable, and then the CD-ROM drive will be hdc and the second
hard drive will be hdb.

English can be very difficult to understand, especially for Chinese people
(I have Chinese friends) so I have tried to explain in more words.
Steven's explanation means the same thing. I am also a beginner and I
know Linux can be very confusing.