baslinux - Re: [BL] scanners

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] scanners
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:35:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Howard Eisenberger wrote:
> I just did a quick search on google/linux and it looks like you
> may be in luck. See <http://www.kirchgessner.net/sanehpfaq.html>.
>
> It took me a while, but I got my scanner to work, by doing my own
> research. This is not really a BL topic.

> Howard E.

I had looked all over for linux/scanner info without finding this site,
and it seems to have the information I need to use my HP scanjet 3p.
My included interface card probably needs one of two drivers to which
they have links. (The scanjet plus, on the other hand, would need a new
kernel, rather than the BL2 kernel, so this is sort of BL2 related).
Every other site or book I looked at said I would need a standard SCSI
card. I don't have one and was going to give up. The scanner is the only
thing that was keeping us from quitting Windows entirely.

Many thanks!

  • Re: [BL] scanners, sindi keesan, 05/01/2003