b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Can't find the root and meaning in the lexicon, any help?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yodan" <yodan AT yodanco.com>
  • To: "'Isaac Fried'" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: 'B-Hebrew Hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Can't find the root and meaning in the lexicon, any help?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:08:38 -0700

Isaac, I have no idea what you are talking about and how your comment about what YOU think I MEAN furthers the discussion of the topic being discussed.

I suppose I should thank you for reminding me why I rarely get involved in discussions on this email group and why I often don’t even read the posts from those who I find being especially argumentative and combative, especially when the argumentativeness comes instead of posing arguments that may have actual merit. There is just too much argumentativeness and put downs.

Arguing for the sake of learning is fine, but argumentativeness and wasting everyone’s precious time on “witty” comebacks (which have nothing to do with a sense of humor!) or put downs is a waste of everyone’s time and is really off putting. Everyone loses when this happens.

- Bruryah Tashah