b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Shabbat in construct state?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: AMK Judaica <amkjudaica AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Shabbat in construct state?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:25:58 -0600

Hi Ari,

I failed to mention in that last email that, the second passage I quoted from GKC relates in particular to the second verse you mentioned in 1 Chron 9:32.

So what I think is happening here is that in neither of these cases is there a true construct involved.  Rather, in Num 28:10, the first word is pointed as a construct, as happens in other places in the Hebrew Bible where the same thing happens in a prepositional phrase.  In the 1 Chron 9:32 passage, the two words are not strictly in construct, but falls in line with what sometimes happens in other appositional instances, where the first word is pointed as if construct.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary