b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ruth 1:12 too old for a husband

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Mohler <jonathan.mohler AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ruth 1:12 too old for a husband
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:53:37 -0500

On Jul 22, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Isaac Fried wrote:

Bear in mind that many of the biblical heroines, Rebekah, Rachel, Lea, Ruth, Esther, were just little girls (if I correctly remembers Rashi says Rebekah was 3 years old when she married Isaac, then she was "childless").

With all due respect to a great Rabbi, I think Rashi's math here is about as off as Jim Stinehart's math.

Jonathan Mohler