b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amalek's attacks before the big battle of Ex 17:8?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: jimstinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalek's attacks before the big battle of Ex 17:8?
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:54:16 +0100

On 14 Jul 2013, at 02:17, jimstinehart AT aol.com wrote:

All of the spellings of these non-Semiticnames: Amalekites, Kenites, Kenizzites, Hittites,Perizzites, Girgashites, Jebusites, Hivites.

Dear Jim, am I misunderstanding you when you use the term non- semitic? because...Amalek was the son of a princess Timna who was Lotan's sister also a semite who was concubine to Eliphaz who was the son of Esau who was jacob's brother who was a semite....if I have then sorry.