b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Passive Qal

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: Petr Tomasek <petr.tomasek AT evangnet.cz>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Passive Qal
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:39:04 +0100

So may I ask then for your thougts and other peoples' thoughts on this article
http://www.sbl-site.org/publications/article.aspx?articleId=675

Chris Watts
Ireland

On 2 Jul 2013, at 10:13, Petr Tomasek wrote:

On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 01:09:40AM -0700, K Randolph wrote:
Bryant:

Two thoughts come to mind:

1) in the Yiqtol conjugation, in an unpointed text, there are no
differences between the Qal, Niphal, Piel, Pual, and hophal for regular
verbs. So how do you know which binyan was used for this verb?

But we have a pointed text which goes back to quite reliable
massoretic oral tradition...

Petr Tomasek