b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:05:00 +0100

I think something is going wrong here with communication...perhaps? according to even-shoshan מקוה is found 12 times in tanach. My hebrew scriptures from king james have translated this very same word as "linen yarn" in 1 kings 10:28. One supposes that they came up with that based on context and the fact that KVH root is a twisted cord or rope. Anyway, am I missing some point here with your reply, because what you wrote I am a bit lost on. Genesis 1:10 has the same hebrew word pronounced the same as 1 kings 10:28. And the word used in jeremiah 3:17 for gathering is constructed differently, but seeing that I am not the professional here I would assume that I am getting perhaps your explanations confused with something - sorry

Chris Watts
Ireland