b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:56:21 +0100

Dear all, is there any tentative connection between the word: ברך and ברכה (bless and pools respectively)? I remember very long ago reading an article by a Rabbi (name forgotten) who made a distinct an interesting case for the fact that Bless was not the root but that bless came from the idea of a collection of water, this latter concept being the root. It is because I can not find any references to this idea that I am asking board members for their qualified input, also I have read that the noun 'Knee' gave rise to the verbal idea? Again am not able to access any reliable sources about this. And thankyou in advance.

Chris Watts
Ireland