b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Judgment of Truth/peace" in Zechariah 7:9, 8:16

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Mohler <jonathan.mohler AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Judgment of Truth/peace" in Zechariah 7:9, 8:16
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 00:38:47 -0500

I wonder if we shouldn't expand the definition of a cognate accusative (CA)o something broader and more meaningful than "emphasis."  I don't like the term at all as it is subject to a great deal of subjective meaning.

Chris, If you want to confine your search to cognate accusative that express the narrow definition of "emphasis," then I would say this is not the type of CA you are dealing with.  But I do think, generally speaking 7:9 is a type of CA.

Jonathan Mohler