b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Verbal Aspect

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Verbal Aspect
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:29:25 +0100

Indeed, Krahmalkov maintains that the tripartite distinction between indicative, subjunctive and jussive was strictly maintained in Phoenician, and that this continued into Neo-Punic. In the last phases of Punic the subjunctive was orthographically represented, but the subjunctive and jussive were always distinguishable from the indicative since Phoenician maintained the final nun of the 2nd and 3rd persons plural in the indicative prefix form)

ان صاحب حياة هانئة لا يدونها انما يحياها
He who has a comfortable life doesn't write about it - he lives it