b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Some comments by the moderators

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT grovescenter.org>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Some comments by the moderators
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 08:47:44 -0700

Kirk:

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT grovescenter.org> wrote:
Sometimes I wish I had chosen natural science for a vocation... ;-)
--
Blessings,
Kirk

Being from a long family of natural scientists (my grandfather was a physics professor, my father applied mathematics) the rooting out of error in the natural sciences can be even more difficult.

Take for example Einstein’s special relativity—in the 1920–30s Tesla openly rejected it because it gave results different from what he discovered in the lab. Later it was shown that errors in computing for the original 1905 experiment invalidated the results, that when corrections are applied then Special Relativity comes out a distant second, and apparently there are several other problems as well. But those who disagree are all “cranks” to be swept under the rug.

At least here disagreement is out in the open and can be debated.