b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Some comments by the moderators

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT grovescenter.org>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Some comments by the moderators
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 07:09:38 -0700

Dear List Members:

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT grovescenter.org> wrote:

5. To my knowledge (and 19 years as a moderator of B-Hebrew), no one's mind has been changed as a result of debates here. But we have been given insight into the thinking of others from widely different ways of life.

I’m not sure about “no one’s mind has been changed”, for in my shorter period on line in this group has certainly molded my understanding of Biblical Hebrew language, and some of the beliefs I had going back to my student days have had to be rejected to be replaced, so in that regard I’d consider my mind has been changed. But I consider that a positive. Even where I disagree with others, debating with them has help sharpen my understanding.

I expect other members on this list can agree that they have had similar benefits.

We all should give the moderators thanks for keeping this list on line.

Speaking for myself, I have been intellectually enriched and challenged by all of you.
--
Blessings,
Kirk