b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] semantic analysis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] semantic analysis
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 23:02:19 +0100

May I suggest starting with something grounded in linguistics, rather than beginning by adopting someone else's application of semantic analysis to Hebrew studies. A good place to start might be:

Goddard, Semantic Analysis: A Practical Introduction, Oxford: OUP,  2010

John Leake

ان صاحب حياة هانئة لا يدونها انما يحياها
He who has a comfortable life doesn't write about it - he lives it