b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] semantic analysis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Tiago Thorlby <ttscotvik AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] semantic analysis
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 20:45:26 +0200

James,

What do you mean by "semantic analysis"?

1. To analyze the words according their grammar form?
2, To analyze the text of a verse  -often in small pieces-  so that we can make an opinion about what it really says?

Remark that these are two different steps and analysis types.
The first one is quite necessary to get the second. But the final purpose of the analysis is to get an answer for the second.

What do you say?

Pere Porta