b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] בעדי

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>, "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] בעדי
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:21:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you.

I just read somewhere that בעדי can sometimes mean "out of," or "away from," and I was wondering if that's true.

One example that comes to mind (but it might be a  very poor example) is silver from dross, but what I'm really interested in is whether בעדי can ever mean "away from" in any context.

I'm very sick right now, I have no books with me, and my internet access is limited.

Michael Gerard Burke