b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] hatef vowels

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] hatef vowels
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:24:39 -0800 (PST)

    Bracketed quote below by  Isaac Fried

   <1. Ok, I will shout it louder (for extra effect I
would go also up  the roof of my house, but it is
buried now in snow, and I can not wait)>

   This is your first mistake: the snow would have
added the very substance which your arguments lack.
By all means, shout from the roof of your house.

  And should you find anywhere evidence for Proto-Semitic,
NW Semitic dialects, rudiments of Arabic - ignore them
completely. After all, Abraham, Moses and David all
spoke Modern Hebrew.

  Uri Hurwitz

   Uri Hurwitz