b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Barkaly and Hebrew Verb Tables

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: C L <sigebryht AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Barkaly and Hebrew Verb Tables
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:25:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

Recently, Dr. Freid recommended Shaul Barkaly's Verb Tables as a guide to vocalization. I have just acquired a copy from the local library for evaluation, and found it a bit cumbersome.

Let me hasten to say that this is doubtless due to my lack of skill, and is certainly no reflection on Dr. Fried. (I would like to point out, however, that the index to the 1958 edition is full of mismatched page numbers for various entries. Again, no reflection on anyone in this forum, I trust).

This leads me to my question: I see that there are other Hebrew verb books and other resources in existence. Can anyone recommend a comprehensive resource for verb conjugations, vocalization, and other grammatical information that is, perhaps, more "user-friendly" than Barkaly?

Sincerely,

Chrstopher Lovelace