b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Names Ending in -YH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • To: flintflintflintflint AT gmail.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Biblical Names Ending in -YH
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:11:55 -0500 (EST)

Someone sent me off-list a Biblical name that precedes II Samuel, and that is a west Semitic name that ends in -YH and honors YHWH:  )BYH at I Samuel 8: 2.  It is the name of one of Saul's sons.

To the best of my knowledge, that is the only name of that particular type from Genesis through II Samuel other than the names of several of King David’s sons.

Jim Stinehart

Evanston, Illinois