b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] song 1:7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] song 1:7
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:00:26 -0300

karl,

>>> That’s why I understand that the two times BRNYWT is found in contexts that indicate that these
are plural nouns, that they indicate that the singular noun BRNYH was in BH. This is a pattern that is found in Tanakh.

pere and i never claimed otherwise. by the way, i suspect that the non-radical -NYH/-NYT singular suffix (as opposed to the
-H/-YT suffix) in nouns (as opposed to adjectives) is a diminutive form. again, BYRH --> BYRNYT (capital --> central
fortification) is the only BH example i know but see also XMH --> XMNYH (sunflower="small sun"), )ZNYH ("small ear").

nir cohen