b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is this proper subject for the B Hebrew?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Hedrick Gary <GaryH AT cjfm.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is this proper subject for the B Hebrew?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:10:22 -0500

"Wild" is an apt description for some of these discussions.

Nonetheless, wild or not, as long as the discussion is about terms found in the text of the Hebrew Bible, their usages and definitions, and the possible implications of those definitions for our understanding of the text, it may well fall within the boundaries of the B-Hebrew guidelines.

It's unavoidable that some of these Hebrew terms evoke "theological ideas" in the minds of readers.

Just my two cents.

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, TX USA