b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Etymology of Nazarene or Nazareth ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip Hardy" <technologist1 AT gmx.us>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Etymology of Nazarene or Nazareth ?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:08:29 -0400

1. In the "King James Version" of the bible it refers to "Jesus of Nazareth"
over and over again. The Greek, I believe, actually says, translated into
English "Jesus the Nazarene". Now if you translate the Greek back to Hebrew I
believe it would say something like:
יהושע מהנצרות or יהושע מהנצרים or יהושע הנצר Now this translated back into
English would say something like "Yahuah Redeemer of the Keepers/watchmen" or
"YAHush the watcher/keeper" So I would appreciate all variety of input
pertaining to my statements above.

2. Also I have noticed that most all Hebrew names are somewhat
transliterated from Hebrew to Greek to English. I say "most all Hebrew Names"
because as I went through each and every biblical name listed in the
"Dictionary of Greek Words", found in my "Strongs...Concordance", every name
that was listed of Hebrew origin and referenced An Hebrew Strongs dictionary
number was directly or loosley translierated through Greek to English. Every
one exept "Jesus" and "The LORD". So then why is this? I believe I know why
except that I will not say in this forum as I respect the moderators rules;
And furthermore I know that that we were all raised up in different fashions
and my command of the English Language is wanting and I do not want to be
misunderstood or offend as I have Love for you all.
Please post your input within forum rules or contact me directly if you wish?

אל הדברים יהוה
Philip Hardy