b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 7:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 7:22
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 07:05:49 +0100

Dear b-hebrew listers,

at reading Ex 7:22, I'm finding something that I do not understand.

KJV has: "And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and
Pharaoh's heart was hardened"

Comparing verse 22 with the precedent verses 20-21, must we here (in verse
22) deduce that the magicians also turned the water to blood? Or... the
sense of the sentence is quite other?

Is it really possible for the magicians to turn blood to blood? Does it
make any sense?

Maybe I am missing something?

--
Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)