b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The root $DD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: TedBro AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The root $DD
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:49:47 -0800

Ted:

Uzi’s answer is clever, but science and linguistics is based on data. There
is no data that supports Isaac’s speculation, mere conjecture.

The evidence we have indicates that there are some biliteral roots, the
majority of the roots are triliteral with a few quatriliteral.

Anything that is not observable, such as supposed precursors to the data
that we have, is not science nor linguistics.

As for the name of Ashdod, was it originally built on the slope of a hill?

Karl W. Randolph.