b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] song of Deborah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dewayne Dulaney <dewayne.dulaney AT gmail.com>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, uhurwitz AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] song of Deborah
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:05:20 -0600

OK, I may have overstated things a bit. Perhaps it depends on how one
defines a native speaker. As for the "first language", a child raised
bilingually could be considered to have two first languages. And
granted, the issue of inspiration is not relevant. As for the NT
writers, I think it likely that all except Luke, and possibly the
author of Hebrews, were raised bilingually learning both Aramaic and
Greek.

--
"In the world you will have trouble. But, be brave! I have defeated the
world!"

My Bible blogs: http://my.opera.com/Loquor/blog/ and
http://hasopher.preachersfiles.com/

Read my translation of the Gospel of John in the Blog at www.greekingout.com.