b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 8:18 “khmym”

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 8:18 “khmym”
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:29:52 -0700

Another verse to consider is Isaiah 66:21, which makes a specific parallel
to the Aaronic priesthood and Levitical duties.

In reference to my original question, this appears to be a more restrictive
use of the term than in 2 Samuel 8:18.

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: I see the reference to Potiphera priest of On merely as a historical
reference, neither positive nor negative.