b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how long do b-hebrew emails take to arrive?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how long do b-hebrew emails take to arrive?
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 07:12:00 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 1:02 AM

This might sound strange, but Karl wrote an email to b-hebrew and he sent me one directly, so I got his email, but it has not showed up on the archives. I purposely set my b-hebrew account to not send me any emails because I hate getting emails. I only read the b-hebrew archives. If someone answers me through b-hebrew and sends me an email, I get it, but if they only send it through b-hebrew, I might not see it for a while. Did Karl's email show up to everyone else on b-hebrew right away or do they get it the same time it shows up on the archive? Maybe the next time I ask a question I should reset my account to get emails if the archives don't show emails right away. When I send emails to b-hebrew , they show up on the archive right away for some reason, but it didn't for Karl's email.

B-Hebrew uses software that if you only hit reply from an email client, it sends directly to the person, and not the list. Most software sends directly to the list, but not the Unix program (I assume) that runs B-Hebrew. The sender has to hit "reply all" or take some other such step to ensure that the message goes to the list and not just the recipient. I'm sure that's what happened with the message from Karl - it almost happened with this message until I double checked... :)

N.E. Barry Hofstetter, semper melius Latine sonat...
The American Academy
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Salvatori Excellence in Education Winner)

The North American Reformed Seminary
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry