b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Range of OT TC Methodologies?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Philip <philipengmann AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Range of OT TC Methodologies?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Listees,

I am trying to do a PhD Thesis in OT (Old Testament) TC (Textual Criticism),
specifically on the differences between selected texts of the LXX & MT.

Ideally, I would like to have a range of methodologies, select one, and then
justify the selection of the methodology I have chosen.

Unfortunately, it appears to me that there are not many types of OT TC, since
the basic concept is to collate the LXX/MT differences and then to evaluate
them using the 'canons' of OT TC as a guideline and the theory of Paul de
Lagarde as a part of the theoretical framework.

I really would value your thoughts on the matter please.

Many thanks,

Philip Engmann,
PhD cand.