b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Please help a beginner

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Michael Abernathy <mabernathy AT conwaycorp.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Please help a beginner
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:27:22 -0500

Mark,
I have several suggestions you might find helpful.
Concordia University has provided several items for Itunes including their Hebrew classes and recordings from their Hebrew club.
You might also benefit from a Graded Reader of Biblical Hebrew by Van Pelt and Pratico.
I also suggest you get a copy of anki. It is a flash card program and it has the full vocabulary of the Hebrew Bible available for study.
You may also benefit from joining the self study group at selfstudyhebrew AT yahoogroups.com.
If you haven't done it yet get a good book on Hebrew Syntax.
If you have time, you might want to pick up a little Modern Hebrew. A free course is available on LiveMocha or you can pay for one of the more professional courses.

Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy