b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Any comments concerning the Ben Chayyim Hebrew text of 1525 A.D. at this time

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Any comments concerning the Ben Chayyim Hebrew text of 1525 A.D. at this time
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 08:54:31 -0400

Sidney sidlee at charter.net
Wed May 4 20:15:57 EDT 2011
Sidney Williams
(6) BHL and BHS are not "manuscripts" at all. They are scholarly editions
based on the Leningrad codex, which is a manuscript of the Masoretic
text, including the vowels that you so much dislike.
BHL means Leningrad codex. You do not seem to be familiar with the
manuscript names.
------
------
Dave Donnelly asks Sidney Williams: Sidney would you express your
opinions as to why the Ben Chayyim Text of 1525 A.D. was written. It was
written on a printing press, and YHWH occurs 6518 times as
(yod-shewa-heh-defective holem-waw-qamets-heh]
The two men who seem to have been most involved in translating this
edition, [i.e, Tyndale and Martin Luther] both believed that
{yod-shewa-heh-defective holem-waw-qamets-heh] was the correct Hebrew
spelling of God's name.
Dave Donnelly
Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4dc29e42c8e9928d240st02duc