b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] NT Writers

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Sidney" <sidlee AT charter.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] NT Writers
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 18:33:29 -0700

Dear Signey,

{Sidney said]
"Each of the books of the NT has a separate author."

Little children in Sunday School know better than that.

Luke wrote the good message and the book of Acts of the Apostles.
John wrote the good message and letters I & II & III, and Revelation.
Paul wrote Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians,
Philippians, Colossians, and Hebrews.

[Bryant]
Sidney, If you had taken the time to read the full paragraph before the quote
you pulled "out of context," then you should have understood that it was
referring to the fact that each NT book found in the Commentary on the New
Testament Use of the Old Testament had a "separate author." I was giving
Philip
a very brief summary of the book recommended NOT a detail review (which I
could
do, but considering it has taken me about 1year to get to I & II
Thessalonians,
I'll wait awhile).

Please read the entire context before making any criticism on the issue. I am
very much a firm believer in "intellectual honesty." That is an ethical
imperative. Give credit where credit is due.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III