b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] someone knows? HMT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] someone knows? HMT
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:48:20 -0700

Randall:

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>wrote:

> karl sha'al
> > Is the list below exhaustive, or just representative?
>
> It was exhaustive, though as output from an electronic
> program (Accordance).
>
> I have not been able to afford that program, though it is one of the best.
Thought, for that matter, I haven’t been able to afford a good computer
either.

> > You have been wrong often enough that I cannot trust
> > just your say so,
>
> I'm not sure that you are in a position to judge this,
> or that the statement is the proper way to say 'thanks'.

What I mean by that is that your arguments based on first year Hebrew and
the Masoretic points are not convincing, rather you need to list verses,
just as you did in answer to Nir, and analyse the contexts as well.

> Let's see-- just this month --
> you sent a half-dozen emails arguing that Ps 51:10 …

Hey, I’m not going to sling mud in this message. I can go back through your
mention, but actual errors on your part, errors I can prove through Bible
references. But I don’t think the moderators would approve of it, so I will
stop here.

> > and your list of verses gave me the clues I needed. Thanks.
>
> You're welcome.
>
> And this leads to the points that you did not address.
> Have you recognized what this data says concerning
> your claim about CVCVCV Hebrew?

Outside of your presuppositions, it says nothing to this question.

> One of the benefits of specifying what a viewpoint teaches is
> that a person can check them out to see if they line up with the
> data. Here, the data was 116 to 0 against the starting point.
> That would lead most people to reconsider the 'theory', which
> can be a lights'-on experience. Or at least 'smelling the coffee'.

Viewpoint is irrelevant, what does the data say? An isolated example can
often be read in more than one way, is there a pattern that can guide us?
That’s why I asked Pere if he knew of other examples from which we could
recognize a pattern. You did that for him.