b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] someone knows? HMT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] someone knows? HMT
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:43:40 +0000

Karl, I think Randall is right on this one. Yes, we all make mistakes, but he
doesn't appear to have done so here. The evidence he presented is pretty
compelling against your take of things on a so-called CV approach to Hebrew.
We'd have to do so much deconstructing and reconstructing to make a CV-system
work, that it seems to me we're no longer really dealing with Biblical
Hebrew. I can hear academic alarm bells at that point.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au