b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Noun in -WT

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Noun in -WT
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 05:43:26 +0200

Though I did not write it, I intended, Karl, to say discussing on "biblical
Hebrew", not Hebrew in general.
The debate would center on biblical Hebrew.

And within this, the discussion would not be limited to the masoretic
pointing... but to many aspects of the issue.

Or we could deal with nouns ending -YT (CPYT, carpet, in Is 21:5; R)$YT,
beginning, in Gn 1:1; )XRYT, end, in Ps 37:37...).
How there are too adjectives ending -YT, as KTYT, beaten (1Ki 5:25)?
Is there any relation between nouns ending -YT and adjectives ending -YT?

There are many issues like these, that can be of interest of many.

Friendly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalona, Spain)

--