b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Again on hireq/sere

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Again on hireq/sere
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:43:05 +0200

Isaac,

what do you mean by "the dagesh is not a part of the NIQUD"?

I brought here some months ago the difference between

1. YFMIYM, days (Gn 4:3)
and
2. YAM.IYM, seas (Ps 8:9)

Why the dagesh does not belong to the niqud?

We have

1. DFMIYM, bloods (Ex 4:25) (no dagesh) and

2. BFT.IYM, houses (Ex 1:21) (dagesh).

We have SWSIYM, horses (2Sa 15:1) (no dagesh) versus DWB.IYM, bears (2K
2:24) (dagesh).

And there are many more like these...

How do you explain this if the dagesh is not a part of the niqud?
Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)

--
Pere Porta