b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Can you translate masculine feminine rioleplayers in Is 62:5

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Belot" <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: "Olivier Randrianjaka" <rev_oli AT hotmail.com>, <chavoux AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew Forum <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Can you translate masculine feminine rioleplayers in Is 62:5
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:15:03 +1000

Hi , I wonder could anyone help me with gender words in Is 62:5 , "And your sons will marry you" , does hebrew demand this be "sons marry you" , it seems some translation alter this to "build" you or some such that does not suggest a "marry" need be involved or indeed the "sons" .

I just thought that while your obviously on Hos 1-2 and masculine and feminine you could help me nail this verse down.

doug belot

----- Original Message ----- From: "Olivier Randrianjaka" <rev_oli AT hotmail.com>