b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Samson's "Jawbone": Geography and Linguistics

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Samson's "Jawbone": Geography and Linguistics
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:54:14 +0000

Jim,

I just find it quite unfathomable that almost every geographic name in the
Bible has somehow been misspelled and the multiple misspellings perpetuated
by scribes who knew about the places (and perhaps even lived in some of them)
and therefore didn't bother to correct things. Unfathomable. I'm just saying…

Over to you for the critique of Hegelian proportions.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au