b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] qatal/yqtol

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] qatal/yqtol
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:58:45 +0100

Dear list-members,

After asking some list-members to define Hebrew aspect several times, still I have not seen any definition. The words "complete" and "completed" have been mentioned, but not as a part of a definition. I would like to ask those using these words:

1) Is there a difference between "complete" and "completed," or do both words express the same idea?

2) The word "complete" in relation to actions is strange in my mind. What is a "complete" action?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli

All of these acts are complete.