b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] On the history of Hebrew YIQTOL and the Hebrew verb

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] On the history of Hebrew YIQTOL and the Hebrew verb
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:23:29 -0500

1. No, 'will be (here) tomorrow'.
2. ANIY BA MAXAR AL HA-BOQER is also very clear.
3. Question: After all this monumentally bombastic "research" do we understand the Hebrew bible better than our forefathers? Answer: No.
4. So what is all this "research"? It is "research" on "research".
5. So what is YI-QTOL? it is obviously the root QTL supplemented by the two personal pronouns YI 'he' and O 'he', telling us that Mr. YI and Mr. O are both engaged in the act QTL.

Isaac Fried, Boston University