b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Does it make sense?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Does it make sense?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:36:27 +0100

Hi, list.

I'm struggling with Ps 38:6.
Among others, I read these translations of the verse:

--My wounds fester and stink because of my foolish sins.
--My wounds stink and fester because of my foolishness
--My wounds stink *and *are corrupt because of my foolishness.
(This last one is KJV)

Does this make any sense for us, readers of century XXI?

Is someone on this list able to compose an understandable translation of
this verse?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)