b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Pronounciation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Pronounciation
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:20:45 -0800

Add to the difficulties is that the surviving records of history seem to be
all messed up.

For example, the archaeological indications of the Exodus are centuries
prior to the historical records. Other examples abound.

So when was the library at Ugarit composed? When was the fall of Sumaria? An
honest historian would have to admit that those dates are uncertain.

Likewise the dates that loan words could have come from the languages
involved are uncertain.

Karl W. Randolph.