b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] back of the bus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "fred burlingame" <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] back of the bus
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 21:23:36 +0100

From: fred burlingame

that's just you projecting your own veiled opinions and beliefs onto my statements which contain no other purpose than to learn the biblical hebrew language.
regards,
fred burlingame
***

"no other purpose"

Hm, who can seriously believe you?

Why is your post titled "back of the bus"?
You keep resorting to heavily marked wordings, which convey a lot of uncontrollable load.

What does "sanitize the meaning of BH words and the purpose of the language" mean?
The purpose of a language is to enable verbal communication.

I'm not projecting my own opinions and beliefs which, contrary to yours, are not veiled.
There's definitely something sickening and disturbing about your "style", your inadequate wordings, your overloaded metaphores and your general mischaracterizations of about everything.
That's what I perceive.
And to be frank, I will not be surprised to learn that you belong to some fringe organization or network.

And I tend to think from some other reactions that I'm not the only one who is uneasy with your posts.

There's some hidden ugly thing that lurks behind.
Nearly everything you write contains hidden presuppositions, most often negative ones.
Like "sanitizing the meaning of BH words".
Why should they require "sanitizing" in the first place?

I'm * not * projecting anything. You wrote that.
Do you think I cannot read between the lines?

Your posts are brimful with hidden presuppositions and manipulative wordings.
There's a pattern in your posts.
And it's not clumsiness and it's not about "learning BH".

You obviously already have some hidden agenda, which apparently is too ugly to be overly stated.

Arnaud Fournet
***