b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] hebrew is dead?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] hebrew is dead?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:28:04 -0600

Hello Karl:

I am happy to accept whatever the facts are or may be.

The language (hebrew, greek, aramaic, english) that the person Jesus spoke
alters the related theology not one iota.

The factual record as we speak today, inclines me to the conclusion opposite
of yours and the mainstream of academia and elsewhere.

The third rate greek grammar of the latter one third of this document, and
its brute resemblance to hebrew sentence word order, was the last straw for
me; and impelled my conclusion that the document was created in hebrew and
deliberately translated into poor quality greek as a message marker of its
original language.

http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/

regards,

fred burlingame